How is RentPay by Rent Perfect different than Zelle or Venmo? Aren't those payment portals good enough?
Venmo and Zelle are great portals that allow anyone to pay you. However, RentPay keeps the landlord in control of the total payment amount, due date, and late fees. The system allows you to automate payment collection; we send payment reminders, late payment alerts and can even charge your late fees for you. In addition, tenants build positive credit history every month, which helps improve their credit score. You will have a portal to view all your upcoming payments due in one place, the status of every payment, and transaction history. No more checking the mailbox for rent checks or trying to keep track of payment history of your rental properties.
Pricing details are below. Even landlords with just one or two properties have found the minimal cost of RentPay to be well worth the convenience!
- Landlords pay just $10 per month per deposit account. (unlimited properties and tenants can make payments.)
- Tenants pay $3.95 per ACH payment.
Sign up Process:
- Complete an application with the payment processor through your Rent Perfect account. Click "Apply for RentPay" under resources.
- Be prepared to upload a voided check and 3 bank statements for the account.
- Once approved, manage payments in your portal on My RentPay.